The CyberKnife Advantage
CyberKnife is a non-invasive form of radiation therapy that is used to treat both cancerous and non-cancerous tumors. Cyberknife treats:
- Brain and spinal tumors
- Kidney cancer
- Liver cancer
- Lung cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
Through the use of a lightweight, dynamic linear accelerator and sophisticated image-guided technology, CyberKnife delivers high-dose radiation to tumors with extreme accuracy.
Be Evaluated at a Location Near You
Consultations for CyberKnife or other radiation therapy treatment options are available at locations throughout the Philadelphia and New Jersey region.
Benefits of CyberKnife
- Requires fewer treatment days
- Non-invasive; no scalpel, incision or blood loss
- Treats hard-to-reach tumors, including many that cannot be treated with conventional surgery
- No anesthesia required (a mild sedative can help you relax)
- Outpatient procedure
- Nearly immediate return to normal activity
- No need for metal head frame or skull pins to immobilize you during treatment
- Can be used on lesions that have previously undergone radiation therapy
Get a CyberKnife Evaluation at a Location Close to You
Consultations for CyberKnife or other radiation therapy treatment options are available at locations throughout the region, including:
- Abramson Cancer Center Locations
- Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine
- Pennsylvania Hospital
- Valley Forge*
- Penn Radiation Oncology Locations
- Chester County Hospital
- Chestnut Hill*
* A facility of the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
The Penn Difference
Penn Radiation Oncology is fully integrated with Penn's Abramson Cancer Center, an NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center. The Abramson Cancer Center brings together top experts in every cancer-related field in one extraordinary facility. The team of cancer specialists works together, and with patients, to develop individualized treatment plans, assuring that every patient has the benefit of the best treatment options available, delivered in a supportive environment.
Why choose Penn Radiation Oncology?
- One of the only radiation oncology departments in the world with the full range of advanced radiotherapy options, including: proton therapy, CyberKnife, Gamma Knife®, True Beam™, intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT).
- One of the largest and most respected clinical services in the region
- Offers a wide range of radiation therapy services, including many that combine radiation therapy with chemotherapy and/or surgery
- Uses the latest technology available to treat many types of cancer, from the most common to the most complex
- A leader in radiation therapy research to discover the cancer treatments of tomorrow
Want to Learn More About Cyberknife?
Speak with a program coordinator and learn if CyberKnife is the right option for you.
Contact Us Now
Call 800-789-PENN (7366)