The Translational Neuroscience Program (TNP) is multidisciplinary research program that is dedicated to the treatment and understanding of psychiatric diseases and behavioral disorders. There are multiple laboratories within the TNP and research addresses a broad range of issues including:
- Developmental disorders such as Autism Spectrum, Fragile X and Rett’s Syndrome
- Major psychiatric disorders such as Depression, Drug Abuse, and Schizophrenia
- Cognitive disabilities across a wide range of disorders
- Neuroendocrinology and control of energy balance (e.g. feeding and metabolism)
- Commercialization and application of technology
Research in the program is divided between the development of innovative treatment strategies and basic discovery science. Additionally, the program collaborates with researchers and clinicians across The University of Pennsylvania, Drexel University, The University of Aachen (Germany), and Penn State Hershey Medical Center, as well as a host of Academic and Industry partners around the world.