The Penn Program for Mindfulness is a Mindfulness-Based Stress Management program that teaches individuals how to use meditation as the primary tool for long-term stress management. Mindfulness meditation is taught in a completely practical way as a powerful tool to manage the physical, psychological, and behavioral symptoms of stress.
- Introduction to Mindfulness: 2-hour workshops in Radnor (Jan 14th), University City (Jan 20th), Moorestown, NJ (Jan 21st) - This 2-hour workshop will give you an overview of mindfulness and how it could potentially improve your health, happiness and quality of life as you reduce stress.
- Foundation Stress Management Program: 8-week courses starting week of January 27th - 10 Classes/8 Locations in PA & NJ - This highly-acclaimed 8-week course will teach you a variety of meditation techniques to help you to cultivate relaxation, clarity and stillness in your day-to-day life. You will learn to recognize your unique reactions to stress, to find more effective ways to respond to stressful situations, and discover how to use your own inner resources to find greater health and well being. Eight 2-½ hour weekly classes plus a full-day retreat.
- Developing a Mindful Child: Saturday, March 1st in University City – This half-day retreat for parents and professionals will create a space for individuals to deepen their understanding and experience of formal and informal meditation techniques and provide mindfulness practices to share with children Pre-K through young adult.
Advanced Programs (For experienced and practicing meditators)
- Mindfulness Practice Support(University City, NJ): December and Januarytwice monthly, 2-hour practice and discussion sessions.
- Deepening Foundations in Mindfulness: University City (March 5th, 12, 19, 26th); Radnor (March 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th) - This 4-week program will review the mindfulness-based techniques that were presented in the foundation program. We will also explore how you can deepen your mindfulness meditation practice, establish a regular practice schedule and integrate mindfulness into everyday life.
For more information or to register go to www.pennmedicine.org/mindfulness. Click here to join the mailing list and receive announcements of upcoming events.