Penn Medicine works with physicians from around the world to establish long-term, collaborative relationships. Our physicians are committed to being reliable resources for consultation and diagnosis. Penn Medicine physicians provide the most advanced treatment options to meet the needs of all patients no matter how "high-risk" their condition.
Referring an International Patient
If you are a physician, please contact Penn Global Medicine to begin the referral process.
- 215-349-5556 (domestic)
- +1 215-349-5556 (international)
- Penn Global Medicine
3930 Chestnut Street, 5th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Penn Global Medicine considers a patient "international" if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- The patient carries international insurance or travel insurance.
- The patient does not have a U.S. social security number.
- The patient's permanent address is outside the U.S.
- The patient use a non-U.S. passport or a U.S. visa as identification.
The referring physician will need to do the following:
- Collect the patient's basic contact information (name, email, phone number).
- Provide the Penn Global Medicine office with this information.
- Let the patient know that a Penn Global Medicine representative will be contacting them soon.
A Penn Global Medicine care coordinator will work with the patient to:
- Register them with Penn Medicine.
- Secure finances and/or insurance verifications.
- Schedule appointments and provide interpretation services (if needed).
Our care coordinator will also give the patient information about accommodations and transportation.
If you are a domestic or U.S.-based physician seeking to transfer a patient, please visit Penn Medicine Transfer Center.