Penn Medicine has been a leader in women's health for more than two centuries. We provide advanced reproductive treatment options to manage high-risk pregnancies, preserve fertility, assist in conception and treat gynecologic cancers and reproductive abnormalities.
U.S. News & World Report ranks the Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania/Penn Presbyterian as one of the best in the United States for Gynecology due to our full-range of services and programs combined with the latest medical advances and experienced patient care. We are also one of the most prominent recipients of obstetric and gynecologic grants from the National Institutes of Health.
Obstetrics & Gynecology Treatment
Penn Medicine offers a wide variety of gynecologic and obstetrical programs and services specifically designed to meet women's health and wellness needs.
Obstetrics & Gynecology at Penn Medicine offers the following:
- Prenatal, delivery and post-natal treatment for all pregnant women.
- Specialists in high-risk pregnancies, gynecologic cancer, fertility care, bladder and pelvic floor health and gynecologic surgery.
- Minimally invasive and robotic-assisted surgery, providing patients with less invasive surgery and quicker recovery.
- Gynecologic cancer services including cancer vaccines and immunotherapy, which has provided Penn Medicine with a national reputation for outstanding patient care and innovative treatment approaches.
- Advanced care for mothers with high-risk pregnancies and a unique partnership with the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, a leader in specialized fetal medicine and neonatal intensive care services.
- Treatment for bladder and pelvic floor disorders including urinary and fecal incontinence, overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, fistulas and benign conditions of the vagina and urethra.
- Infertility and reproductive health services. Each year, more than 1,000 couples are treated at Penn Medicine for infertility issues, including international families. We are a leader in the development of new and innovative approaches to infertility management. We are recognized for our research contributions to reproductive health. Our fertility specialists are known for high pregnancy success rates including in vitro fertilization, egg donation, and fertility.
Penn Medicine Obstetrics in detail
Penn Medicine Gynecology in detail