International patients who receive care from Penn Medicine gain access to specialized benefits.
Penn Global Medicine is a full-service resource at Penn Medicine that helps international patients, their families, and their referring physicians, access the medical care they need. We welcome patients from around the world, regardless of religion, culture, language, sexual orientation, gender or age.
When you come to Penn Medicine, you can rest assured the doctors taking care of you aren’t just using the latest medical technologies; they’re also developing them. As an academic medical center, our physicians, nurses, researchers and scientists work together to provide you with the highest level of care. Over the years, Penn Medicine has received many awards and been recognized for our compassion and commitment to providing patients with quality clinical care. Here at Penn Medicine, our patients come first.
Penn Medicine has highly advanced technology, unavailable elsewhere, for treating a full range of complex medical issues. Here, patients gain access to proton therapy for cancer treatment, robotic surgery such as TORS for minimally-invasive procedures, and leading-edge diagnostic imaging capabilities that can precisely pinpoint malignancies.
Commitment to Outstanding Care
- Penn Medicine providers are dedicated to patients from around the globe, no matter how complex their health condition may be.
- Penn Medicine is a leader in health care, new treatments for diseases, advancements in medicine and surgery and breakthroughs in research.
- Penn Medicine is a pioneer in immunotherapy, a technique where we create vaccines from a patients' own cells to fight cancer.
- Penn Medicine developed one of first breast and ovarian cancer risk evaluation programs in the United States.
- Penn Medicine is a leader in preventive cardiology, identifying new genetic risk factors for heart disease.
- Penn Medicine has restored sight in children and adults with congenital blindness using gene therapy.
More Experience Means Better Outcomes
- Penn Medicine is a world leader in research, and offers patients access to the latest treatment options before they are widely available anywhere else.
- Penn Medicine established the Department of Clinical Effectiveness and Quality Improvement, with a sole focus on patient safety, clinical best practices and patient satisfaction.
- Penn Medicine developed the Center for Evidence-based Practice (CEP), a national leader in improving the way research findings are applied to clinical operations.
- Penn Medicine is known for our medical excellence and superior clinical outcomes.