Opportunities exist to assist the Penn Medicine Radnor team in several ways, including the following:
- Interacting with patients at various levels of care, such as greeting patients as they enter the Main Lobby or transporting them to their appointment
- Providing clerical or administrative support, such as answering telephones or calling patients to remind them of their upcoming appointment
- Assisting in projects that reinforce our mission of delivering extraordinary care, such as mailings about our bi-annual health information series
- We also welcome your ideas and suggestions for other volunteering opportunities that match your interests
The benefits of becoming a Penn Medicine Radnor Volunteer extend beyond your volunteer assignment.
- Volunteers are provided free parking in the on-site parking lot.
- Volunteers who work a minimum of four (4) hours through a meal hour will be issued a voucher for a snack while they are on duty as a volunteer.
- While becoming a volunteer at Penn Medicine Radnor does not lead directly to employment at our facility, it does provide volunteers with experience and valuable skills in many diverse fields.
Please consider the following requirements before completing an application.
- Completed application
- Immunization records
- PPD test for tuberculosis within three months prior to a volunteer's start date
- Two positive references from current or former job supervisors, teachers, or clergy persons
- Personal interview with Human Resources Assistant
- Attendance at Penn Medicine Orientation
- Completion of a four (4) hour shift weekly
- Commitment of 100 hours service hours and consistent attendance unless otherwise agreed upon
- Specific, physician practice and departmental training
- Uniform and professional dress standards
- For court-referred community service, appropriate documentation supporting the reason for community service and the name, address and telephone number of the probation officer at the time of the interview
After Submitting Your Pre-Application Screening Form
You can expect to be contacted by Volunteer Services within the next two weeks. If approved, our department will send you the full application to complete as well as instructions on how to send it back to us. Next, you will be contacted by a Human Resources Assistant to schedule an interview. During the interview, we will learn about your interests, activities, previous volunteer experiences, your preference for an assignment and availability.
If an assignment is agreed upon, you will be invited to Penn Medicine Orientation. The orientation is mandated by state law and Penn Medicine policy, and therefore, the training topics of Infection Control, Patient Confidentiality/HIPAA, and Fire/Safety are required before working at Penn Medicine Radnor.
How to Apply
We look forward to hearing from you! Complete a Pre-Application Screening Form.