The Teen Volunteer Program at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania provides high school students who are at least 14 years old with career exposure to a variety of healthcare professions.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. The Summer Teen Program is designed to expose students interested in healthcare access to the operations of a world-class medical center. Volunteers will have a chance to interact with patients, observe clinicians and support hospital staff.
- Are mature and willing to adhere to hospital policies and procedures
- Interested in helping care for patients by assisting hospital staff and operations
- Are 14 to 18 years old
- Have a professional and positive attitude about your commitment to the hospital and its patients and visitors
- Can commit to 4 hours per day of scheduled volunteering over a 3 week period, Monday to Friday, during one of the follow blocks:
- Block 1 (June 27 - July 15, 2016)
- Block 2 (July 15 - August 5, 2016)
- Block 3 (August 8 - August 26, 2016
- Exposure to hospital operations in a premier hospital
- Service to your community
- Opportunity to gain a certificate of service for completing 60 hours of service and 15 scheduled shifts of volunteering
- Shadowing opportunities
- Reimbursement for costs associated with the volunteer application process
- Medical or clinical training
- Course credits or internships
- Completion of application, immunization/vaccination records, health system orientation including competency assessment
- Attendance every weekday of the chosen block
- Enrollment in an accredited high school for the 2015/16 academic year
- Online purchase of a volunteer jacket for $15
- Assignments consist primarily of clerical, administrative, and logistical tasks
- Assignment descriptions will be made available prior to selecting an assignment
- Applicants will have access to assignment selection once a complete application is submitted, including all immunization and health records
- Assignments are distributed on a first-come, first served basis, the earlier a complete application is received, the more likely an applicant is to move forward towards receiving an assignment at HUP
- Applications for all blocks of the 2016 Summer Session will be accepted beginning March 14, 2016 and will continue until all assignments have been filled
Thank you for your interest, but the Summer Teen Volunteer Program is currently full.
Questions About Volunteering
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us at The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Volunteer Services at 215-662-2576 or email@example.com.