Learn about conditions treated and treatments offered at the Ankle and Foot Medical Center.
Because the ankle and foot area is considered among the most complex structures of the body, the podiatric experts at The Ankle and Foot Medical Center are experienced in diagnosing and treating a wide variety of podiatric conditions.
Foot and Ankle Conditions Treated at the Ankle and Foot Medical Center
Our team offers general foot and ankle care, from the common to the complex, including:
- Diabetic foot
- Plantar fasciitis and heel pain
- Hammer Toe
- Arthritis of the foot and ankle
- Metatarsalgia (pain in the ball of the foot) and Morton's neuroma
- Peripheral vascular disease (poor circulation)
- Plantar warts
- Pigmented lesions (moles) of the lower extremity
Eat patient receives a thorough physical examination to determine if a foot or ankle condition is caused or affected by illnesses elsewhere in the body. For example, diabetes mellitus (sugar diabetes) may affect the sensation and circulation to the foot and, in turn, complicate routine activities such as skin and nail care.
Treatments Offered at the Ankle and Foot Medical Center
We work closely with each patient to determine which treatment method (or combination of treatment modalities) is most appropriate and advantageous for their individual condition.
The Ankle and Foot Medical Center offers a wide variety of treatment methods, including:
- Supportive measures (such as orthoses)
- Physical therapy
- Comprehensive treatment and reconstructive surgery for complex deformities of the pediatric and adult foot, ankle and lower leg
- The prevention, care, treatment and salvage of diabetic wounds and limbs, including sensory testing to determine nerve function in the diabetic foot
- Foot and ankle trauma services
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Plantar fascial (heel pain) endoscopy
- Geriatric care
- Sports medicine services
- Dance medicine services
- Biomechanical and orthotic management
When less invasive modalities prove ineffective, surgical intervention may be considered. The Ankle and Foot Medical Center team provides surgery for conditions including:
- Ingrown toenails
- Skin conditions, such as warts
- Hammer Toe
- Repair of arthritic foot, diseased foot or paralytic foot
- Fusion tendon transfer
- Joint replacement in the foot
- Repair fractures
- Skin grafts for wound closure
- Foot infections (such as gangrene)
The Ankle and Foot Medical Center team is dedicated to treating each patient's podiatric health on an individual basis. To help patients put their best foot forward, the team of experienced, understanding professionals offers podiatric excellence using the most effective treatment methods currently available in state-of-the-art surroundings.