Here, we offer the latest advancements in treatment for those with lesions of the peripheral nervous system.
The Penn Center for Peripheral Nerve Disorders provides a comprehensive array of treatment modalities for patients with a variety of lesions of the peripheral nervous system; nerve entrapments and injuries; benign peripheral nerve sheath tumors such as schwannomas and neurofibromas; and malignancies such as neurofibrosarcomas or malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors.
Medical and surgical intervention includes the following:
- Gracilis free functional muscle transfer
- Nerve grafting
- Nerve transfers
- Multimodality tumor resection
- Radiation therapy, including proton therapy
- Microvascular decompression
- Gamma Knife® stereotactic radiosurgery