The Penn Program for Mindfulness offers a variety of programs to support individuals with foundational mindfulness training to maintain, refine and enhance their meditation practice and bring it more uniquely into their lives.
We offer a variety of program types for individuals who have completed an 8-week Mindfulness-based Stress Management program either with Penn or another entity. Below are descriptions of the kinds of programs we typically offer.
- Group Practice Sessions — Sessions for practice and discussion (live or via conference call).
- ½-day retreats — 3-hour silent guided mindfulness practice interspersed with talks and discussion.
- 1-day retreats — Topic-oriented workshops which include guided mindfulness practice, discussion and application of specific mindfulness techniques.
- 4-week programs — A structured course to help participants to refresh their connection to and deepen understanding of mindfulness practice.
- 8-week programs — Detailed exploration of mindfulness as related to a specific topic (e.g anxiety or grief) or to the process of enhancing and refining personal practice.
- Intensive retreats — 4½-day silent retreats that allow participants to abide in mindfulness and meditation, stillness and movement and individual practice.These residential retreats are offered twice annually and contain longer periods of silence to support participants to fully immerse themselves in the experience of mindfulness.
- Deepening Connections — This year-long program is intended for participants who have established a regular meditation practice through either participation in our Foundation eight-week program or equivalent training. Significant experience with mindfulness as well as a willingness to go further on their path in a community is also required.
Pre-requisite for all advanced programs: Completion of our 8-week Mindfulness-based Stress Management Foundation Program or comparable foundational training in mindfulness and approval from the Penn Program for Mindfulness Staff.