The Wissahickon Hospice team is committed to providing the best in quality services and easing the journey through end of life for each and every patient and family in our care.
For patients and their families, the end of life can be fraught with anxiety and grief. It can also be a time of intense reward and fulfillment, a time when legacies are created and memories are preserved that will endure through generations. Wissahickon Hospice helps make that happen.
Caregivers visit the patient and family as often as needed, according to the patient's personalized plan of care. Each member of the team has an important role in ensuring proper care.
The Wissahickon Hospice team members include:
- Patient's physician and the hospice medical director oversee the patient's care
- Registered Nurses on-call 24 hours provide skilled nursing care for pain and symptom management, including ongoing professional assessment of the patient's condition
- Licensed Practical Nurses support and supplement the Registered Nurses' care
- Social workers provide counseling and emotional support and assist in finding respite care when needed
- Home health aides help with bathing, dressing and feeding the hospice patient as well as provide assistance with other activities
- Spiritual counselors offer spiritual support (if requested) for patients of all faiths
- Trained volunteers offer companionship and assistance with errands
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists assist with pain and symptom management
- Bereavement counselors offer counseling and bereavement support, including a specialized program for children, for up to one year after the patient's death.