Penn endocrinologists at the Penn Pituitary Center in Philadelphia specialize in the diagnosis, treatment and management of neuroendocrine disease and pituitary disorders.
Endocrinologists at the Penn Pituitary Center are leaders in the treatment of pituitary disorders, and have been instrumental in developing the latest medications, diagnostic technologies and treatments for pituitary disorders and disease.
Penn endocrinologists treat pituitary disorders including:
- Pituitary tumors
- Cushing syndrome
- Hyperprolactemia/high prolactin levels
- Adrenal tumors
Penn pituitary services offer patients a multidisciplinary team of specialists from endocrinology, neurosurgery, neuro-opthalmology, radiation oncology, neuroradiology, interventional radiology, and otorhinolaryngology. Together, they provide the latest specialized care needed by patients with a pituitary or hypothalamic tumor or with pituitary hormone excess or deficiency. These specialists meet every month as a group at the Sellar Conference to discuss the management of patients with neuroendocrine disease.
Pituitary disorders and tumors are rare. Most physicians only see one or two cases in their entire career. At the Penn Pituitary Center, endocrinologists who specialize in pituitary disorders only treat pituitary disorders and tumors.
The Penn Difference in Pituitary Care
- Penn endocrinologists are the only pituitary specialists in the tri-state area that have access to highly advanced diagnostic and imaging technologies.
- Penn endocrinologists are part of a multidisciplinary team of endocrinologists, neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, neuroradiologists, interventional radiologists, and neuro-opthalmologists who work together to provide the latest specialized care for patients with pituitary disorders.
- Penn offers patients with pituitary disorders a range of cutting-edge technologies to treat their tumors including proton therapy, Gamma Knife® Perfexion™and CyberKnife® technology. Patients at Penn receive all levels of care in one place.
- Penn neuro-opthamalogists use optical coherence tomography (OCT) to predict vision recovery in patients with pituitary tumors.
In This Section
These are the tests and tools Penn endocrinologists use to diagnose and treat pituitary disorders.
Penn endocrinologists are expertly trained in the diagnosis and treatment of pituitary disorders and conditions related to pituitary disorders.
This information will provide you with an overview of what to expect before, during and after your next appointment, as well as useful resources.
Related Departments & Divisions