We provide multiple educational opportunities for Penn and Visiting Medical Students.
Perelman School of Medicine medical student rotations are available January - June annually.
Away rotations, for US-based medical students not affiliated with the Perelman School of Medicine who are interested in an orthopaedic residency, may apply as a visiting student with the UPenn Department of Orthopaedic Surgery via the Perelman School of Medicine (PSOM) Registrar's Office. A limited number of rotations are available per year (July - November) in the following orthopaedic sub-specialties:
- Pediatrics (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia)
- Joints (Penn Presbyterian Medical Center)
- Sports Medicine (Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania)
- Hand Surgery (Penn Presbyterian Medical Center)
- Orthopaedic Oncology (Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania)
- Spine (Penn Presbyterian Medical Center)
- Foot & Ankle (Pennsylvania Hospital)
- General Orthopaedics (Pennsylvania Hospital)
- Trauma (Penn Presbyterian Medical Center)
For more information, please contact the PSOM Registrar.
International medical students, please visit the PSOM Center for Global Health.