Extensive renovations have taken place at the Scheie Eye Institute, allowing us to provide a modern setting for exceptional care.
In 2014, extensive renovations and modernization of the Scheie Eye Institute at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center was completed. This was the first major renovation of the Scheie Eye Institute at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center since its construction in 1972.
The renovations included:
- State-of-the-art exam and procedure rooms
- Redesigned main lobby with
- Greeting station and private check-in bays
- Indirect light sources that illuminate without hurting patients' dilated eyes
- Environmental acoustic systems that reduce ambient noise
- Free Wi-Fi and integrated device charging stations
- Courtesy communication center
- Large and easily accessible restrooms
- Updated optical shop
- Staff lounge and touch-down spaces
- Corridor access to the rest of Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
- Updated finishes throughout the entire facility
Our goal in every change is to make the care experience better for our patients and staff. Thank you to all who supported this renovation.