At Penn, we offer multidisciplinary breast care through a full range of clinical and support services, including specialty physicians, dedicated breast surgeons, state-of-the-art imaging and procedures and support services. Our breast surgeons tailor the care you receive to deliver the best possible outcome in the most compassionate environment.
Raising the Bar for Breast Cancer Care
Our surgeons continuously seek to improve outcomes for all cancer patients. We're proud to have advanced the national standards for breast cancer treatment through our research endeavors. Our efforts have also:
- Popularized the concept of breast conserving therapy
- Improved understanding of genetic risk factors and screening programs
- Broadened the use of sentinel lymph node mapping to help determine the stage of cancer
- Pioneered the use of vaccines and immune based therapies for the treatment of breast cancer
- Improved outcomes through active clinical trials
- Generated better understanding of molecular characteristics of breast cancer to help develop new therapeutic options
Collaborating with the Breast Cancer Programs
The Division of Endocrine and Oncologic Surgery partners with the Abramson Cancer Center’s Breast Cancer Program to provide patients with the team approach to caring for breast cancer patients. This high quality level of care is delivered by an interdisciplinary team of experts throughout Penn Medicine. We offer designated breast imaging experts, who use traditional and innovative imaging techniques, as well as breast reconstruction options performed by our plastic surgery team who are recognized leaders in their field.