- Arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time to allow for the completion of your registration paperwork.
- Stay NPO for six hours prior to your scheduled time. This means eating or drinking nothing except plain water, this includes non sugar-free gum and candies. Most medications can still be taken as long as they can be safely taken on an empty stomach. If you have any questions about whether a particular medication may cause problems with your scan please call 215-662-7662, if you are scheduled for a PET scan, or 215-662-3051, if you are scheduled for any other Nuclear Medicine scan.
- Speak to your doctor prior to your PET scan about an anti-anxiety medication if you are claustrophobic.
Scheduling a Clinical PET or PET/CT Scan
Call Radiology scheduling at 215-662-3000. When speaking with a scheduler have all patient information, including insurance information together.
Tell the scheduler the Resource Code (if there is a preference) and Procedure Code (codes are listed below) for the PET (or PET/CT) procedure being scheduled. Ensure that the patient has a signed script for the procedure being requested.
Resource Codes (Scanner Codes) for PET and PET/CT Scanners
- Allegro – HUP PET Scanner: PET1
- Gemini TF – HUP PET/CT Scanner: PET2
- Gemini TF BigBore – PCAM PET/CT Scanner: C202
Procedure Codes for PET Studies
- Brain Study
- PTBM – PET Brain Metabolic Imaging (PET1, PET2, C202)
- Cardiac Study
- PMPM – PET Myocardial Perfusion, Multiple Images w/ Rb-82 (C202)
- PMMS – PET Myocardial Metabolic Imaging, Single Image w/ FDG (PET1, PET2, C202)
- PET-Only (no CT) Body Study
- PTST – PET Skull-to-Thigh (PET1)
- PTWB – PET Whole-Body (PET1)
- PTLD – PET Limited View (PET1)
- PET/CT (non-diagnostic CT) Body Study
- PTSC – PET/CT Skull-to-Thigh (PET2, C202)
- PTWC – PET/CT Whole-Body (PET2, C202)
- PTLC – PET/CT Limited View (PET2, C202)