CAPS-5 Study (The Cancer of the Pancreas Screening-5)
The Cancer of the Pancreas Screening-5 (CAPS5) Study
- Aim 1: To evaluate pancreatic fluid mutations and circulating pancreatic epithelial cells as accurate markers of neoplasia by comparing their prevalence in cases with sporadic pancreatic neoplasia to healthy and disease controls.
- Aim 2: To compare the prevalence of pancreatic fluid mutations and circulating pancreatic epithelial cells among a prospective cohort of individuals with sporadic pancreatic cysts undergoing pancreatic surveillance.
- Aim 3: To determine the prevalence of pancreatic lesions, pancreatic fluid mutations and circulating pancreatic epithelial cells among a large cohort of high-risk individuals undergoing pancreatic screening and surveillance of a new cohort in which screening is begun at age >55.
See Screening for Pancreatic Cancer in patients with BRCA1/2 Mutations
A prospective, multi-center investigational study of IMMray™ PanCan-d diagnostic platform for early detection of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma in high-risk populations (PANFAM-1)
- Individuals (both male and female) with the following family phenotype and age will be included in the study:
- Two or more first-degree relatives (FDR) ; ≥50 years OR 10 years before onset in family
- Three or more relatives with at least 1 FDR and 2 second degree relatives (SDR) ; ≥50 years OR 10 years before onset
- Any of (BRCA1, BRCA2, PALB2, ATM) mutations + 1 FDR or SDR with PDAC ; ≥50 years OR 10 years before onset
- FAMMM (p16,CDKN2A mutations); ≥50 years OR 10 years before onset
- Known mutation carrier for STK11 (Peutz Jeghers Syndrome); ≥35 years
- Lynch syndrome (HNPCC) + 1 FDR or SDR with PDAC; ≥50 years OR 10 years before onset
- Known mutation carrier for Hereditary pancreatitis with history of symptomatic pancreatitis ≥50 years OR 10 years before onset
contact: Alice Alderson at firstname.lastname@example.org