Vea esta página en Español
Update March 23, 2020
BlueJeans is a HIPAA-compliant platform used by Penn Medicine to conduct video visits. BlueJeans has security features,
including a room lock so that communications within the platform are private and your information stays safe.
You may receive a call by telephone from your provider or representative to help
you with optimal set up of your device prior to your visit.
Please ensure you follow the below instructions and download the BlueJeans
application the day before your scheduled visit.
You can choose to have your video visit on your desktop computer equipped with a webcam OR your mobile device.
Tips for Optimal Video Visit Experience
BlueJeans on your mobile device
(RECOMMENDED CONNECTION METHOD)
A step-by-step video tutorial for
mobile devices is also available.
Ensure you have a device that is compatible with BlueJeans (iPhone, iPad, iPod
touch w/ iOS11 or later OR Android version 6.0 and later) and has a camera.
- Ensure you are on a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection.
- Double check that your Wi-Fi doesn’t say "not connected".
- Make sure you have full "staircase" bars on the top corner of your phone
indicating strong data connection.
- Download the BlueJeans app on your phone from its App Store. Please ensure
this is done the day prior to your visit with your provider.
- Please make sure you have any medical devices (like blood pressure cuffs, scale, and pulse oximeter) available at the time of the scheduled appointment.
At the time of your scheduled appointment, tap or type in the link to the BlueJeans meeting room that your provider sent to you into your phone Internet browser.
Make sure you’re using the meeting link sent for your specific appointment. Each appointment has its own link.
The BlueJeans welcome page below will appear. Tap "Join with the App". Make sure you allow the BlueJeans app any permissions it requests to access your microphone or
camera. Make sure to join with "App Audio and Video" and allow your microphone and video to be on.
Make sure you allow the BlueJeans app any permissions it requests to access your microphone or camera. Make sure to join with "App Audio and Video" and allow your microphone and video to be on.
If your provider is seeing another patient when you connect, you will receive the below message. Please try again in 1-2 minutes. When your provider is
ready, you will be joined into the room.
BlueJeans on your desktop computer
A step-by-step video tutorial for
desktop computers is also available.
- Ensure your computer is less than 5 years old and in good working condition with
Windows 7 (SP1) or 10 or macOS 10.11 or later installed. You should have one
of the following Internet browsers.
- Google Chrome (version 42 or later)
- Firefox (version 47 or later)
- Safari (version 11 or later)
- Opera (version 35 or later)
- Edge (version 79 or later)
When using a smartphone or tablet to connect to your virtual visit, you must install the BlueJeans app. On desktop, you can connect to your appointment using a non-Internet Explorer (IE) browser. IE does not support video.
- Make sure you have a webcam and microphone attached to your computer.
- Confirm you are connected to high speed Wi-Fi/broadband Internet.
At the time of your scheduled appointment, type in the link to the BlueJeans
meeting room that your provider sent to you into your computer Internet
The BlueJeans welcome page below will appear.
- Click to "Use computer audio" if you have a computer microphone. If you do not
have a microphone, click "Use phone audio".
If you are prompted to allow BlueJeans access to your microphone and camera,
please allow this.
Click the "Join Meeting Now" button on the next screen.
If you receive the "Meeting is locked" message, then your provider is with another
patient. Please wait and you will be allowed to enter the room when your
provider is done visiting with the previous patient.
Before your appointment, you’ll wait in the virtual waiting room.
When you enter the room, at the top of the screen, make sure the camera and
microphone buttons are clear (as below) and NOT red. If either one is red, then
click to unmute your audio and video.
- You will be placed in the meeting and your provider will join when ready
These instructions are also available as a PDF document.
Need Help? Submit a help ticket or contact the practice directly for immediate assistance.