Specialists at the Abramson Cancer Center and at Penn Ear, Nose and throat use the latest tests and tools to diagnose Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma of the head and neck
Diagnostic tests and tools include,
- A complete evaluation of the patient's medical history.
- Conduct a thorough physical examination to detect any enlarged lymph nodes.
- Order blood tests.
- Perform a biopsy to see the type of lymphoma present.
- Imaging tests that may include:
- CT scanning of the head and neck
- Magnetic resonance imaging (for evaluating the brain or spinal cord)
- Positron emission tomography