At Penn’s Abramson Cancer Center, we offer a comprehensive breast cancer program from screenings to survivorship. Our nationally recognized specialty physicians and surgeons provide education, care and support needed to help patients navigate their diagnosis and treatment plan.
Penn’s Breast Cancer program has a comprehensive team of breast cancer surgeons, sub-specialist medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, plastic surgeons and oncology nurse navigators. This group meets weekly to discuss treatment plans for patients, resulting in the most advanced and personalized treatment plans for each patient.
Conditions Treated by the Breast Cancer Program
Why Choose Penn’s Breast Cancer Program?
Penn’s Breast Cancer program offers:
- Advanced breast imaging services for preventative screenings such as 3D digital mammography
- Nationally recognized physicians with extensive experience and research in breast cancer
- Genetic testing and counseling for patients and families at increased risk for breast cancer and related genetic mutations, such as BRCA1 and BRCA2
- Board-certified, fellowship trained breast surgeons and plastic surgeons
- A full range of advanced treatment techniques in radiation therapy, including proton therapy at Roberts Proton Therapy Center
- Access to new clinical trials in breast cancer
Treatment and Services Offered by the Breast Cancer Program
At the Abramson Cancer Center, breast cancer is treated within the Rena Rowan Breast Cancer Center at the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine and within the Integrated Breast Center at Pennsylvania Hospital.
We offer the full spectrum of breast cancer treatments and support services, including:
Breast Cancer Research: From Bench to Bedside
At Penn Medicine’s Abramson Cancer Center, the 2-PREVENT Breast Cancer Translational Center of Excellence (TCE) aims to address one of the greatest challenges in breast cancer treatment: The high rate of relapse and late treatment effects among breast cancer survivors and aims to prevent recurrent breast cancer altogether.
The 2-PREVENT TCE is a multi-disciplinary team collaborating to better understand why some women have breast cancer recurrence through prediction, prevention, monitoring, detection, and treatment measures.
2-PREVENT has four premier programs from screening studies for breast cancer survivors, for those with recurrent, metastatic breast cancer, screening studies and education model.
Find a Clinical Trial