Join us for full day of mesothelioma patient education next Friday, September 26. Our research and clinical experts from Penn's Mesothelioma and Pleural Program, with support from the Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation, will give the latest in mesothelioma treatment and care for those at risk or diagnosed with mesothelioma.
Who should attend?
Anyone at risk for or facing a mesothelioma or pleural disease diagnosis, as well as caregivers and loved ones, are welcome to attend our free educational conference.
As a rare, incurable disease, mesothelioma has approximately 2,000 to 3,000 new cases diagnosed a year in the United States. Studies attribute up to 80 percent of all new cases to asbestos exposure — exposure that can affect patients and loved ones years after working with the material.
When, where and what?
Date: Friday, September 26, 2014
Time: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Location: The Hub, Cira Center, 2929 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
The full event agenda includes:
- Q&As with Penn and MARF experts
- Information on new clinical trials for mesothelioma
- The latest in new treatment options for both peritoneal and pleural mesothelioma
- An overview of palliative care options
- Early detection and risk factor assessment
- The future of mesothelioma on a genetic level