Join hundreds of others in the Ride to Conquer Cancer® - a two day, 150* mile bike ride through Pennsylvania's picturesque landscape. Want to know more about what your contribution will bring to the fight against cancer? In this post, we'll explain just how you'll be helping the cancer community.
An opportunity to help cure cancer
Join Penn Medicine's Abramson Cancer Center (ACC) in the Ride to Conquer Cancer (RTCC)— an unforgettable experience and epic bike ride on October 11-12, 2014, through Pennsylvania's picturesque landscape, heading towards one life-changing destination: curing cancer.
For most riders, covering roughly 150 miles over 2 days will be physically challenging. But all will find it to be a weekend that is incredibly rewarding — a chance to truly change the course of cancer research, riding side by side with our physicians, patients, and families, to raise serious funds and awareness in the ACC's fight to cure cancer. Clearly, this ride isn't just for serious cyclists, but anyone looking to make a difference.
Putting your dollars to work in the fight against cancer
To join, cyclists are asked to raise a minimum of $2,500 in donations. It's surprising how quickly the donations add up once you put your heart, creativity, and commitment into securing donations.
Your participation in The Ride to Conquer Cancer will support our team approach to cancer research, education and care; as well as ensuring the sustainability of our core mission:
- Development and support of team-oriented research and care programs specializing in each type of cancer
- Expansion and integration of cancer-related patient services and interdisciplinary clinical programs
- Educational programs for physicians, scientists, students, nurses, and others to stay current on the latest cancer information
- Recruitment and support of new faculty with a commitment to cancer research and care
- Community outreach and education to enhance cancer prevention in our communities
- Investment in the future - as we break through the next frontier of cancer discovery through programs like Penn Medicine's Center for Personalized Diagnostics, Translational Centers of Excellence (TCEs), The Roberts Proton Therapy Center and many others leading the fight.
This event will be a remarkable experience, bringing together communities of cancer survivors, cyclists, and their supporters with a common goal to conquer this disease. We invite everyone to register today and join us in October, by registering today at www.ridetovictory.org or by calling 844-777-7433.
*Please note exact route distance may vary by up to 30 miles.