The purpose of this educational activity is to bring together breast cancer specialists to highlight the state of the art in multidisciplinary patient care. This activity will feature clinical updates in diagnosis and local, regional, and systemic therapies. Additionally, this activity will review promising clinical trials and clinical controversies in breast cancer management.
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Discuss clinical trial evidence that allows for the personalization of care in the management of early and advanced forms of breast cancer
- Assess current and evolving roles for prognostic and predictive biomarkers to stratify risk and inform clinical decision making in the management of breast cancer
- Examine recent clinical trial results concerning the use of novel breast cancer treatment strategies
Who Should Attend
This activity is directed toward medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists interested in the treatment of patients with breast cancer. Fellows, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, researchers, and other healthcare professionals interested in the treatment of breast cancer may also participate.
In support of improving patient care, Penn Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses
Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Designation of Credit
- PHYSICIANS: Penn Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- PHYSICIAN ASSISTANTS: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. PAs may receive a maximum of 1.75 Category 1 credits for completing this activity.
Penn Medicine, Office of Continuing Medical and , Interprofessional Education, adheres to the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support. Faculty and planner’s disclosure information will be made available in the conference materials and syllabus. Faculty members are also expected to disclose to participants any discussion of off-label and / or investigational use of pharmaceutical products or devices within their presentations.
Date: Thursday, May 31, 2018
Location: THE RITTENHOUSE
210 W Rittenhouse Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Date: Thursday, June 28, 2018
Location: THE SHERATON-VALLEY FORGE
480 North Gulph Road
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Date: Thursday, Oct 11, 2018
Location: THE CROWNE PLAZA
2349 Marlton Pike W
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002