When Carole Gross was diagnosed with breast cancer, she knew having radiation therapy close to her home was essential. She chose Penn Radiation Oncology, located on the campus of Doylestown Hospital's campus, for its convenience and its reputation.
It was there she met William Rate, MD, PhD, radiation oncologist.
"Dr. Rate was amazing," she says. "He asked me about myself – he put me as a person before my cancer diagnosis. He just made me feel I was important – that I was comfortable with the whole process. And, he presented information to me in a very understanding and reassuring way."
When a scan showed something on Carole's hip, Dr. Rate personally consulted with his colleagues and asked Carole if he could make appointments for her so she could focus on her treatments.
"Within a half hour of Dr. Rate's phone call, all of my imaging studies and reports were sent to another specialist I could see for my hip," says Carole. "Everything was seamless, but Dr. Rate made me so comfortable with the process."
Carole's treatments spanned her children's summer break, and she was able to bring her kids with her to her treatments. She jokes that her kids felt comfortable, because they knew their mom was being treated so well.
"Penn Radiation Oncology allowed me to have the same level of treatment as the Abramson Cancer Center, within my own community," says Carole. "It was a wonderful opportunity, and I wouldn't have wanted my cancer treatment anywhere else."
About Penn Radiation Oncology at Doylestown Hospital
Penn Medicine Radiation Oncology at Doylestown, located on the campus of Doylestown Hospital, offers a full range of radiation oncology services and on-site access to Penn Neurosurgery, including:
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Conformal Radiation Therapy (CRT)
- Treatment planning for radiation therapy
- Second opinion and consultation services
- Supportive care and symptom management services
If our Doylestown location is not convenient for you, please consider these other Penn Radiation Oncology locations:
- Penn Radiation Oncology Chestnut Hill
- Penn Radiation Oncology Chester County Hospital
- Penn Radiation Oncology Kennett Square
- Penn Radiation Oncology Pennsylvania Hospital
- Penn Radiation Oncology Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine
- Penn Radiation Oncology Radnor
- Penn Radiation Oncology Valley Forge
Learn about our radiation oncology services, make an appointment,
or ask about a second opinion for you or a family member at Penn Medicine Radiation Oncology.