Penn Medicine has several initiatives and activities dedicated to the successful implementation of the Blueprint for Health Equity and Inclusion. We aim to advance health equity at Penn Medicine with a strategic focus on five key areas:
- Research and Evaluation — Creating the evidence-base for how health systems achieve equitable care and inclusive clinical, working, and learning environments.
- Care Transformation — Redefining how we deliver care to ensure it meets the needs of all patients irrespective of how they define themselves.
- Education and Training — Empowering stakeholders across the enterprise and across all levels of their careers with the core concepts and skills needed to advance equity within their area of work or learning.
- Workforce — Creating a diverse workforce that reflects the populations we serve through a strategic focus on building environments and policies that are inclusive and respect all cultures and backgrounds.
- Community Engagement — Engaging community stakeholders to develop and implement data-driven interventions that address the community- and population-level barriers to receiving high-quality health care and achieving optimal health.
Projects and Initiatives