The Penn Difference
Penn Medicine's liver transplant program is leading health care beyond the limits of conventional medicine by offering patients more options to improve their lives every day. Patients who choose Penn for their liver transplant have access to the most advanced care available.
The liver transplant program at Penn Medicine, part of the Penn Transplant Institute's multi-organ transplant center at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, has established a national reputation with a number of noteworthy attributes including:
- One of the most comprehensive, high volume centers in the country for patients with end-stage liver disease.
- Offers liver transplant as treatment for hepatobiliary tumor and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) liver cancer.
- Liver transplant outcomes that meet or exceed national averages.*
- An active living donor program offering patients an excellent alternative to a long waiting time for a liver transplant.
- Provides consulting and training services for other medical professionals around the world.
- Recognized by both peers and consumers in Best Doctors in America, Philadelphia magazine's "Top Docs" and America's Top Doctors.
- Membership in the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) and certified as a Medicare Center for heart transplantation.
- Partners with Gift of Life, the regional organ procurement organization and the largest organ procurement organization in the country.
- Supports active research programs that put Penn at the forefront of new developments in liver transplantation.
* Data Source: OPTN/SRTR Center and OPO specific reports (June 2010): Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network and Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients; available at www.OPTN.org and www.ustransplant.org.