Liver Transplants at the Penn Transplant Institute
The Penn Transplant Institute offers a comprehensive liver transplant program for patients suffering with end-stage liver disease. Physicians at Penn have performed more than 1,500 liver transplants and have extensive experience in treating patients with Hepatitis C, liver cancer, and HIV.
The Benefits of Choosing Penn for Liver Transplant
Penn Medicine's liver transplant program offers patients access to the highest quality of care available. Here, patients and their families can expect excellent results from a program that consistently achieves liver transplant survival rates that exceed national averages.
Patients benefit from Penn's liver transplant program in a variety of ways:
- A living donor liver program, offering patients an alternative to long waiting periods for a liver
- The most experienced physicians, having performed over 1,500 liver transplants provide care for each patient
- The most progressive care available, anywhere with access to research programs that position Penn at the forefront of new developments in liver transplantation
- Total integration of care from pre-surgery management, through the liver transplant surgery and postoperative care
- Access to multiple organ procedures such as a liver-kidney transplant or a liver-lung transplant
Beyond excellent medical care, Penn offers liver transplant patients and their families the highest level of hospitality, including the Clyde F. Barker Penn Transplant House, a beautiful, modern guest house providing accommodation for patients, their families and caregivers.
Pediatric Transplant Care
Pediatric patients benefit from a joint program between the Penn Transplant Institute and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) allowing healthy adult relatives to donate part of their liver to a child.
Request a Consultation
To request a consultation or speak with a healthcare professional from the liver transplant program complete the request an appointment form or call 800-789-PENN (7366).