Collaborative Professionals for Organ Transplants
The Penn Transplant Institute is dedicated to serving as a resource for physicians and their patients. Penn's multidisciplinary team leads the region in the total number of transplants performed and is ranked among the top 10 multi-organ transplant centers in the country.
Goal of the Penn Transplant Institute
The goal of the Penn Transplant Institute is to promote a strong working relationship with all referring physicians to ensure complete and consistent patient care. The transplant teams of physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, dieticians and support staff are committed to communicating with referring physicians through every step of the referral process, ensuring the highest quality care for patients facing transplant and their families.
Transplant Programs for Medical Professionals
- One call for easy referral, consultation, transfer or admission
- An online referral option through our secure online form
- Urgent transfer of seriously ill patients within a 150-mile radius of Philadelphia via mobile ICU vehicles, including PennSTAR flight medical transportation
- An active research program currently enrolling patients in a variety of NIH-sponsored clinical trials
Educational Opportunities at Penn Transplant Institute
- Live seminars, symposia, case-based conferences, grand rounds and online courses for CME credit
- Practice-based educational sessions: breakfast/lunch provided and information tailored to the practice's areas of interest
- Clinical briefings
Physician Services with Penn PhysicianLink®
Penn PhysicianLink® is an exclusive program that helps all referring physicians connect with Penn Medicine. This comprehensive package of support services expedites and facilitates direct physician communication for patient consults, referrals, transfers and appointments.