Why Referring Physicians Choose Penn Medicine
The Penn Transplant Institute is dedicated to serving as a resource for physicians and their patients. Penn's multidisciplinary team leads the region in the total number of transplants performed and is ranked among the top 10 multi-organ transplant centers in the country.
Penn Medicine's transplant programs have established national reputations with a number of noteworthy attributes:
- Communication with referring physicians is a top priority in all Penn Transplant Institute programs. Referring physicians are called at the time of transplant and ongoing updates are provided throughout the course of treatment. Team members are available via cell phone and email to answer any questions.
- Patient survival rates that consistently meet or exceed national averages*.
- A decades-long partnership with the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), providing transplant surgery for pediatric patients.
- Recognition from both peers and consumers in Best Doctors in America, Philadelphia magazine's "Top Docs" and America's Top Doctors.
- Membership in the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS).
- Partners with Gift of Life, the regional organ procurement organization and the largest organ procurement organization in the country.
- Offers multiple organ transplantation, including heart-lung and lung-liver transplants.
- Provides consulting and training services for other medical professionals around the world.
- Supports active research programs that put Penn at the forefront of new developments in transplantation.
* Data source: UNOS/Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR).
Physician Services with Penn PhysicianLink®
Penn PhysicianLink® is an exclusive program that helps all referring physicians connect with Penn Medicine. This comprehensive package of support services expedites and facilitates direct physician communication for patient consults, referrals, transfers and appointments.