Penn Transplant Institute
The Penn Transplant Institute performed the first successful kidney transplant in 1966, and since then has been a pioneer in organ transplantation for nearly fifty years. Penn's multidisciplinary team leads the region in the total number of transplants performed and is ranked among the top 10 multi-organ transplant centers in the country.
The Penn Transplant Institute is one of the most experienced clinical transplant centers in the country. Transplant programs include:
The Benefits of Organ Transplant at Penn
When facing organ transplantation, patients at Penn experience top quality care: from transplant programs that are highly experienced and produce excellent results.
- Physicians are nationally recognized leaders in the field
- An active living donor program that reduces the wait time for a transplant
- An excellent record with leading patient outcomes
- The highest level of hospitality, including the Clyde F. Barker Penn Transplant House, a beautiful, modern guest house providing accommodation for patients, their families and caregivers
- Total integration of care for all transplant recipients from pre-surgery management, to surgery and postoperative care