Gynecologic minimally invasive surgeries include:
- Diagnostic laparoscopy - Using small
incisions for access, surgeons diagnose and
treat the causes of chronic pelvic pain.
- Laparoscopy for endometriosis and ovarian
cysts - Using small incisions for access,
surgeons treat endometrial damage and ovarian
cysts. In addition, we offer adolescent gynecologic
laparoscopy to treat ovarian cysts in adolescents
10 to16 years of age.
- Laparoscopic tubal ligation - Using
small incisions for access, surgeons perform
- Hysteroscopy - A hysteroscope is a
scope that is placed through the vagina and
through the cervix to look inside the womb.
Surgeons use it to diagnose and treat causes
of heavy or irregular vaginal bleeding.
- Hysteroscopic myomectomy - Using a
hysteroscope, surgeons remove fibroids from
the lining of the womb.
- Endometrial ablation - Using a hysteroscope,
surgeons remove the uterine lining to control
- Laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy
(LAVH) - Using small incisions and the vagina
for access, surgeons remove the uterus and ovaries.
We also offer minimally invasive services to
diagnose and treat unique anatomical variations
including bicornuate uterus, mullerian agenesis,
vaginal septums and more.
M. Goodner, MD