The Division of Colorectal Surgery at Pennsylvania Hospital provides the entire gamut of specialty colorectal care. We pride ourselves in being unique in the tri-state area as a unified center for all aspects of Specialty Colorectal care, with a unique focus on all not only minimally invasive approaches to colorectal oncologic and benign diseases.
We are consistently ranked among the top 10 in the nation by US News and World Report, and our surgeons are recognized as "Top Docs" by Castle Connolly.
Our Colorectal minimally invasive surgeries include:
- Laproscopic and Robotic Colon Resections
- Laparoscopic and Robotic Rectal Resection
- Laparoscopic and Robotic Ileal Pouch Surgery
- Laparoscopic and Robotic Small Bowel Surgery for
- Combined laparoscopic and Endoscopic Surgery for advanced polyps
- Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM) for rectal sparing approaches to rectal polyps and early rectal cancer.
Colorectal surgery team:
Joshua I.S. Bleier, MD
Matt L. Kirkland, MD, FACS
Najjia N. Mahmoud, MD
David S. Wernsing, MD, FACS