The Division of Endocrine and Oncologic Surgery
If you or someone you care about has been diagnosed with cancer and needs surgery, you likely have a lot of questions. It's a time when you want the best possible treatment and compassionate care available.
The Endocrine and Oncologic Surgery (EOS) program at Penn offers surgical expertise by nationally recognized and highly trained surgeons for patients with a wide variety of malignant tumors. Comprised of experts from various specialties, our multidisciplinary approach achieves outstanding outcomes earning us the reputation as one of the most respected and talented surgical oncology departments in the country. We understand that you have concerns and are here to help you successfully navigate your treatment path.
Our surgeons are experienced in diagnosing and treating a variety of conditions including malignant diseases of the:
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Connective tissue
- Endocrine glands
Patients and families we serve can have the peace of mind of knowing that they have access to the most advanced specialized techniques available.
The Leading Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery Program
At Penn Endocrine and Oncologic Surgery, our highly regarded surgeons perform more procedures than any other area hospital. As one of the nation's leading thyroid and parathyroid surgery programs and the top in the region, our program is notable for several reasons including:
- Our leading surgeons have been consistently recognized in Philadelphia Magazine's yearly Top Docs issue.
- Penn Endocrine and Oncologic Surgery is one of three top centers for breast cancer surgery in the Philadelphia area.
- We provide expert surgical procedures and treatment options and second opinion consultations.
- We are committed to improving the future of care through our active participation in research that will lead to surgical innovation in the future.
Choosing Penn for your care means you'll have access to a team of highly experienced clinicians including surgical oncologists and specialized nurse practitioners. Members of our surgery team include:
- Ari D. Brooks, MD
- Brian J. Czerniecki, MD, PhD
- Carla S. Fisher, MD
- Douglas L. Fraker, MD
- Giorgos C. Karakousis, MD
- Rachel Kelz, MD
- Robert E. Roses, MD
- Dahlia M. Sataloff, MD
- Julia C. Tchou, MD, PhD, FACS
To schedule an appointment, please call 1-800-789-PENN or fill out our online form.
Perelman Civic Center Boulevard
3400 Civic Center Boulevard