Contact us to find out more about lectures, seminars, or presentations.
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- National Meeting of the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA)
- Celebration of Life. Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania, Keynote speaker
- Meditation and Mind-Body Medicine, World Congress on Complementary Medicine, June 27, 2001.
- Mindfulness as a Tool in Developing Empathy with Patients and their Families. Hospice Foundation of America's Eighth Annual National Bereavement Teleconference, hosted by WHYY as part of its Wider Horizons Forum. April 18, 2001.
- Teaching Spirituality and Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical School
Frontiers in Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical School
Pyschotheraputic Skills in Primary Care, University of Pennsylvania Medical School
- Lillian Bruner Nursing Lecture, Presbyterian Hospital
- Medical Grand Rounds, Hospital of University of Pennsylvania
- Stress and Health, Philadelphia FIGHT (AIDS Docs)
- Patient Safety Initiative, CEQI Retreat, University of Pennsylvania Health System
- Change of Heart Series (for coronary heart disease patients), Chestnut Hill Hospital
- Meditation and Contemplative Prayer, Daylesford Abbey
- FOCUS Speaker Series, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Stress and Heart Disease, Pennsylvania Public Health Districts (six regional sites)
- Distinguished Visiting Lecturer, Haverford College
- Andrew Newberg, MD, associate professor of Radiology and Psychiatry and the director of the Center for Spirituality and the Mind, and Michael Baime, MD, director of the Penn Program for Stress Management and Mind-Body Medicine at the Abramson Cancer Center, were both featured in NPR’s “All Things Considered.” (May 20, 2009). To listen, please click on link above, scroll down to #4 and click on the “QuickListen” box.
- Inverview with Dr. Michael Baim. NBC10. April 16, 2009.
- Goldensohn, Marty (May 2003) Been There Done That. WHYY 91FM.
- Gross, Terry (June 20, 2001). Fresh Air. WHYY 91FM.
- Gotleib, Dan (January 10, 2000) Voices in the Family. WHYY 91FM
- Gottlieb, Dan (December, 2010) Voices in the Family. WHYY 91 FM
- Discovery. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Various programs on German, Italian and Japanese Television
Print Media / News Releases
- PBS' 'This Emotional Life': Undoing Stress With Meditation (2010, January 4) Huffington Post.
- "Mind-Body Medicine - Michael Baime ’77: Melding Medicine and Meditation." (Spring 2009). Haverford - The Alumni Magazine of Haverford College.
- Patient Profile - "Michele Gossett: Stop, Breathe, and Be"
- "Balm for a troubled world: An MIT-trained biologist has won a wide following counseling 'mindful meditation' to heal body and soul." (2009, January). The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- "Foolproof Ways to Battle Anxiety." (2009, January 20). Forbes.com.
- "Science and Meditation: Comparing Notes from Cognitive Neuroscience and the Laboratory of the Self." (Fall/Winter 2008). Penn Arts & Sciences.
- "Mind Over Cancer: Penn's Program for Stress Management Helps Cancer Patients." Spotlight.
- Meditate...to Concentrate: Penn Researchers Demonstrate Improved Attention With Mindfulness Training (2007, May 09). University of Pennsylvania Communications.
- Newsletter of the University of Pennyslvania's Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. (Winter 2005).
- "Changing Their Minds." (Winter 2003). Penn Medicine. University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, XV: 3.
- Begley, Sharon (2001, May 7). Religion and the brain. Newsweek, 50-57.