Long-term, Collaborative Relationships
Penn Radiation Oncology works with health care professionals in the surrounding community and from around the world to establish long-term, collaborative relationships. Penn physicians are a resource for consultation, diagnosis and the most advanced radiation therapy treatment options available today. Penn Radiation Oncology strives to maintain open lines of communication with referring physicians and their patients to ensure that every patient's care is as seamless as possible.
Penn Medicine's vision is to provide excellent patient care today, and to perform the breakthrough research necessary to discover the treatments of tomorrow. In this spirit, Penn Radiation Oncology offers patients a wide range of treatment options available nowhere else in the region.
Penn radiation oncologists all are board certified by the American Board of Radiology in the specialty of Radiation Oncology and provide the highest level of quality care and service:
Penn Radiation Oncology offers:
- One call for easy referral, consultation, transfer or admission
- An online referral option through a secure online form
- Urgent transfer of seriously ill patients within a 150-mile radius of Philadelphia via mobile ICU vehicles, including PennSTAR flight medical transportation
- An active research program currently enrolling patients in a variety of NIH-sponsored clinical trials
- Picture archiving and communications system (PACS) giving referring physicians seamless access to images for the patients they refer or transfer
Educational opportunities through:
- Live seminars, symposia, case-based conferences, grand rounds and online courses for CME credit
- Clinical briefings