One of the Largest and Most Respected Programs in the World
One of the largest and most respected programs in the world, Penn Radiation Oncology is changing the way that patients fight cancer. Penn Radiation Oncology offers today's latest technology and treatment options, all of which are delivered by doctors who are leaders in their field. This means patients have early access to the latest research and clinical advances.
World-Class Patient Care
Penn offers the full range of advanced treatment techniques in radiation therapy, including proton therapy, which can only be found at a handful of centers across the country. Penn specialists personalize treatment plans to match the needs of every patient.
As a high-volume center, Penn Radiation Oncology routinely performs procedures that may be done only occasionally at other locations. Studies have shown that centers performing higher volumes of procedures have better patient outcomes.
Penn physicians, nurses and clinical staff create a supportive environment for patients. They understand what it's like to be on the patient side of the table. They listen and tailor recommendations and care plans to every patient's individual needs.
Penn Radiation Oncology clinicians are at the forefront of medicine. Because they teach the next generation of leaders, they are well-versed in the latest clinical practices today, also developing promising treatment options for tomorrow.
As a national leader in basic science, translational research and clinical trials, Penn Radiation Oncology offers patients access to the latest treatment options before they are widely available elsewhere in the region.
Penn Radiation Oncology research programs are funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and are at the forefront of innovation.
Comprehensive Educational Experiences
- The Perelman School of Medicine is ranked top five in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
- High volume clinical services allow trainees to gain expertise with both common and uncommon cancers.
- Penn attracts residents and fellows with strong academic and leadership skills, giving trainees the opportunity to learn alongside some of the most talented and accomplished physicians, residents and fellows in the world.
- Penn Radiation Oncology's facilities are equipped with today's most advanced technology.
- Penn's collaborative environment fosters productive interaction among fellow trainees and physicians from other disciplines and faculty.
- Graduates of Penn's residency and fellowship programs are highly recruited for leadership positions in academic medicine.
State-of-the-Art Research and Technology
- Penn Medicine's clinical and research programs are closely aligned with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) roadmap initiative emphasizing research that has a direct effect on patient outcomes.
- Penn Medicine has been awarded several highly competitive grants and selected to participate in landmark clinical trials.
- Penn is the leading national site for several clinical trials.
- As one of the most stimulating academic environments in the world, new researchers can expect to collaborate and learn from some of the best minds in medicine in an interactive, highly networked and supportive working environment.
- Researchers at Penn Medicine have the opportunity to solve significant problems in their respective fields.
- Penn clinicians are pioneering the most advanced techniques and devices.