Description of Clinical Expertise
Dr. Sudheendra (aka Dr. Sudi) is an Assistant Professor of Interventional Radiology & Surgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania - Perelman School of Medicine.
Dr. Sudheendra's practice philosophy is centered on a doctor-patient relationship based on integrity, mutual respect, accountability, and professional excellence.
While Dr. Sudheendra practices the entire gamut of Interventional Radiology, his primary areas of expertise include:
• Acute and chronic deep vein thrombosis (including May Thurner Syndrome)
• Minimally-invasive cancer therapies for liver, lung, and kidney cancers (Transarterial chemoembolization, Y-90, Tumor ablation)
• Chronic venous insufficiency, varicose veins and complex venous disease (ie venous stasis ulcers)
• Pelvic congestion syndrome
• Peripheral arterial disease including limb salvage
• Complex IVC filter retrieval
• Uterine fibroid embolization
In addition, Dr. Sudheendra has special expertise in surgical critical care medicine – a unique skillset possessed by few Interventional Radiologists practicing today. As a result, Dr. Sudheendra is able to care for his patients on a global scale in addition to providing cutting-edge minimally invasive treatments.