Center for Personalized Diagnostics
Dr. Roth, director of Penn's CPD explains how genetic screening can help cancer patients and their doctors better understand how their individual cancer functions, and then find the best treatment options available.
By integrating Molecular Genetics, Pathology Informatics, and Genomic Pathology for individualized diagnoses, the CPD can help physicians provide an appropriate treatment plan for their patients.
Precision genomic diagnostics can identify patients who might benefit from current, often cutting edge therapies, while sparing those who do not have a particular genetic signature from the costs and side effects of certain treatments.
Most importantly perhaps, precision diagnostics can significantly reduce the time conventional diagnostic approaches require, allowing patients and their loved ones to make informed decisions - when time matters most.
For Patients and Caregivers
Each cancer responds differently to treatment. Knowing the makeup of your cancer can help determine a better and more exact treatment.
- Learn how researchers at the CPD are working to understand how best to treat your cancer at a genetic level.
- Learn how to talk to your doctor about precision medicine and genomic testing.
For Physicians and Researchers
The Center for Personalized Diagnostics offers physicians the highest volume of genome testing in the region, with more than 1,500 clinical and research samples to date. More research means stronger, actionable results for your patients.
Genomic sequencing reports provided by the CPD are specifically geared toward actionable knowledge for clinicians. The reports focus on normal or abnormal gene information and provide interpretation, comments, and references for disease-associated mutations or variants of uncertain significance.
Learn more about the benefits of ordering a personalized diagnostic test, the different gene panels CPD offers analysis for, and how to request a test for your patients today.
Since the launch of operations in February 2013, the CPD has tested more than 1,500 clinical samples.
Genomic Testing at Penn Medicine
- Highest Volume of Testing in the Region
- Fastest Turnaround Time (Average 10-14 Days)
- Actionable Findings with Therapeutic Significance (disease-associated genome mutations are found in 75% of tests performed)
- User-Friendly Reports with a Focus on Actionable Information
- Unique Custom Hematologic Malignancy Panel
- Custom Bioinformatics Allow Higher Sensitivity and Fewer False Negative Results
- Integrated Clinical and Translational Expertise of a Major Academic Medical Center
Questions & Information: