Penn Otolaryngology provides diagnosis and treatment for people with ear, nose and throat (ENT) disorders.
Treatment for Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders
Penn's otolaryngologists are experts in the treatment ENT disorders. Penn otolaryngologists are clinically trained in subspecialties and treat patients in other divisions within the department such as audiology and surgery.
Penn otolaryngologists treat patients with ear, nose and throat disorders such as:
- Chronic rhinosinusitis
- Chronic otitis and other hearing complaints
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Salivary gland disorders such as parotid tumors
- Swallowing disorders that require surgical management such as Zenker's diverticulum
- Thyroid and parathyroid tumors
- Voice and airway disorders
Penn otolaryngologists often work in conjunction with allergists, pulmonologists, endocrinologists, gastroenterologists and neurologists in managing head and neck disorders.