The Penn Sports Medicine Center is leading care for sports injuries beyond the limits of conventional medicine by offering patients more options to improve their lives.
- Penn Orthopaedics is ranked among the best in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, making it one of the top programs for orthopaedics in the region.
- The physicians at the Penn Sports Medicine Center are highly skilled and have specialized training in sports medicine to treat complex sports injuries.
- Nearly 4,000 patients are seen every year at the Penn Sports Medicine Center.
- Penn's multidisciplinary team of specialists develops individualized treatment and recovery plans to help patients from diagnosis through treatment and recovery.
- Doctors at Penn Orthopaedics are at the forefront of research in athletic injuries and recovery.
- Penn researchers are looking at innovative ways to generate new cartilage from patients' own cells and transplanting the material back into injured joints.
- Through research and advances in surgical and rehabilitation techniques, Penn's orthopaedic sports medicine specialists have been able to treat and rehabilitate athletes whose injuries were once career-ending, putting them back in the game.
- The physicians at the Penn Sports Medicine Center are experts in treating serious injuries. They combine treatment, therapy and surgery for the least invasive approach to achieving the best possible outcomes, including arthroscopy, minimally invasive surgery that results in minimal scarring, a shorter hospital stay and a faster recovery.
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.