Penn Medicine is leading joint replacement and reconstructive surgery beyond the limits of conventional medicine by offering patients more options to improve their lives.
- Penn Orthopaedics is ranked among the best in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, making it one of the top programs for orthopaedics in the region.
- Penn orthopaedic surgeons are highly skilled and have specialized training in joint replacement. Penn orthopaedic surgeons have extensive experience performing more than 2,000 joint replacement procedures each year, including complex and complicated surgery. Studies show the more procedures surgeons perform, the better the results.
- Penn's multidisciplinary team of specialists develops individualized treatment and rehabilitation plans to help patients from diagnosis through recovery.
- Joint replacement classes help prepare patients for and become comfortable with their upcoming surgery.
- Specialized hospitalists monitor patients' recovery and safety while in the hospital recovering from surgery.
- Care teams ensure that all patient needs are addressed.
- Penn Presbyterian Medical Center and Pennsylvania Hospital were named Blue Distinction Centers for Knee and Hip Replacement® by Independence Blue Cross. This distinction designates these medical facilities have demonstrated a commitment to providing quality care and better overall outcomes for knee and hip replacement procedures.
- Penn Presbyterian Medical Center received the 2010 Delaware Valley Patient Safety Award from the Health Care Improvement Foundation for decreasing surgical site infections following joint replacement surgery.
Need an appointment? Request one online 24 hours/day, 7 days/week or call 800-789-PENN (7366) to speak to a referral counselor.