For all of your eyewear questions and needs, please stop by any of the Penn Optical shops.
Collectively, our Optical staff has over 40 years of experience dealing with Optics and is always happy to answer any questions. Each location carries eyewear at all price ranges, including a full line of designer frames. We specialize in:
- Drill mounted (frame-less) eyewear
- Premium progressive lenses
- Hi-Index lens materials
- Advanced anti-reflective (AR) coatings
- Polarized sun wear for all needs
- Low vision filtered lenses
- Prismatic prescriptions
- Impact resistant sports and safety eyewear
- Designer fashion sun wear
- Magnetic Clip eyewear
Locations & Hours
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
51 N. 39th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Monday to Friday: 8am to 4:30pm
Penn Medicine Radnor
250 King of Prussia Road
Radnor, PA 19087
Monday to Friday: 9am to 5:30pm
Saturday: 9am to 1pm
Penn Medicine Media
601 West State Street
Media, PA 19063
Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
Saturday by appointment
Services & Guarantees
Free Cleaning & Adjustments
We will be happy to clean and adjust your glasses whenever needed to give you the best fit and vision possible. Even glasses that fit well will need to be adjusted periodically. Stop in any time during our business hours for this complimentary service.
New Glasses Warranty
Your new glasses are under warranty for one full year against any type of breakage or scratching (for a small fee, this warranty can be extended up to two full years if desired). All prescriptions are guaranteed for 90 days from the original purchase against any doctor's prescription change or non-adapt to a particular lens style or material. Should a prescription change within the 90-day period, the lenses will be remade at no cost to the wearer. All progressive lens orders are covered for 60 days against non-adapt purposes and will be remade as a single vision, bifocal or another progressive lens design at no cost.
Due to the unknown age and condition of a patient's own frame, if a frame becomes damaged or broken during the lens processing, no refund will be issued for the frame. A full lens credit will be made, and a 25 percent discount will be extended towards the purchase of a new frame.
Your lenses are the most important part of your glasses and must be handled with care. In addition, please stop by any of our Optical locations for a free cleaning.
We feel very strongly about the health of your eyes and the quality of the glasses we provide. Therefore, every pair of glasses we dispense will be outfitted with a scratch-resistant coating and proper ultraviolet light protection.
Anti-reflective coating is one of the most effective ways to obtaining clearer, crisper vision in optics. By comparison, an uncoated (non AR) lens transmits 92% of artificial light; the remaining 8% becomes diverted and will never reach the eye. The hydrophobic Anti-reflective coatings used by Penn Optical achieve a transmittance of 99% of light through an Anti-reflective coated lens. This results in less glare from headlights during night driving or reflecting off a computer screen, and esthetically allows others to clearly see your eyes instead of reflected glare from your lenses.
Please let us know how we can help you. The health of your eyes is our greatest concern!
Caring For Your Glasses
- Always store your glasses in their case when not being worn.
- When cleaning your glasses, remember that all lenses clean best when wet. Please utilize the appropriate lens cleaner and cleaning cloth that we provide upon dispensing for the best results. Should you run out of lens cleaner, please stop in for a complimentary refill.
- Do not use any paper products (including facial tissue) to clean your glasses. Paper contains wood that can scratch your glasses. In addition, do not use Windex or any ammonia-based products, as these products can also scratch glasses or remove protective coatings. For the best results, the most effective material to use for cleaning dirty lenses is a micro-fiber cleaning cloth. The next best alternative would be to use a soft cotton cloth.
- At night, make a habit of placing your glasses on a nightstand rather than on a chair or couch. As well as making sure they are handy first thing in the morning, you will eliminate the possibility that someone will accidentally sit on them or place them out of alignment!
- Be sure to store your glasses beyond the reach of young children or pets.
- Do not wear your glasses on top of your head, as this can weaken or crack the frames.
- Remove your glasses with two hands. Many misalignments occur because of removing glasses with only one hand.
- Stop by any of the Penn Optical locations periodically for a free cleaning, adjustment and screw tightening. This will prolong the life of your glasses and allow for the most comfortable fit. Everything with moving parts requires a little maintenance now and again; this includes your eyeglasses.