Premiere Research Programs for Women's Health
Penn Ob/Gyn Care has one of the premiere research programs in the country for women's health, which attracts high caliber physicians and researchers and enables Penn Ob/Gyn to stay at the forefront of advances in women's health.
Penn Ob/Gyn Care participates in a large number of clinical trials in the areas of:
- Family Planning
- Gynecology Oncology
- Reproductive Health / Infertility
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Urogynecology: bladder and pelvic floor health
- Women's Behavioral Wellness
Faculty and Investigators
Researchers at Penn Ob/Gyn Care are committed to improving the quality of life for women through advances in research. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) provide significant funding to investigators at Penn, placing the department among the top programs in the nation.
Research Centers and Programs
In order to further the research efforts of Penn investigators, Penn Ob/Gyn established The Center for Research on Reproduction and Women's Health, dedicated to the mission of improving the health of women through basic, translational, and clinical research. More recently, Penn established The Women's Health Clinical Research Center and The Penn Ovarian Research Center to provide an infrastructure for assisting experienced and new investigators in the implementation of clinical and translational research in women's health and ovarian cancer with the end goal being to improve the quality of life for women.
The Penn Difference
Penn's Center for Research in Reproduction and Women's Health (CRRWH) is the dedicated research arm of the department of obstetrics and gynecology. As part of Penn Ob/Gyn Care's mission to improve the health of women through basic, translational and clinical research, the center aims to better understand human reproduction and health issues specific to women.
Researchers and educators choose Penn because:
- Penn offers one of the most stimulating academic environments in the world.
- New researchers can expect to collaborate and learn from some of the best minds in medicine.
- Penn is home to the only reproductive research center in the Philadelphia region.
- Penn researchers are successful in winning highly competitive grants.
- Penn offers an interactive, highly networked and supportive working environment.
- Researchers at Penn have the opportunity to solve significant problems in their fields. Penn research programs are often selected to participate in groundbreaking studies, and frequently co–investigates clinical trials with other nationally renowned institutions.