The Penn Center for Reproductive Medicine and Surgery is a pioneer in the development of new reproductive surgical treatments and procedures. The Center is at the forefront of research on women's health including conditions that can impair fertility. Our physicians are board certified in both obstetrics and gynecology and reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
The Center evaluates and treats conditions such as:
- Pelvic pain
- Uterine fibroids
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Conditions related to infertility and more.
We offer patients a thorough evaluation with the latest diagnostic tools, including:
These tools help us determine the extent and nature of your condition so you can make the best decisions about your treatment.
We offer a full spectrum of treatment options that include:
- Surgery including laparoscopic and advanced laser surgery
- Advice on lifestyle changes, such as diet, exercise and meditation
- Medicines such as GnRH analogues, danazol, oral contraceptives and progestins
Depending on your specific condition, you might choose to combine several treatment options. Some women, for instance, are able to control reproductive problems (such as endometriosis) by taking medication after surgery. Other women may prefer to start with lifestyle changes before deciding on medication or surgery.