Penn offers a wide variety of gynecologic programs and services specifically designed to meet women's health and wellness needs. Penn Ob/Gyn care physicians provide either combined obstetrical and gynecologic care or gynecologic care only.
Our general gynecology programs focus on routine preventive care, including Pap smears, breast exams, mammography, contraceptive counseling and other gynecologic screenings.
Penn specializes in the following areas to care for you throughout every stage of your life:
- Adolescent Gynecology, which focuses on the unique gynecologic issues of young women, including menstrual irregularities, delayed first period and pelvic pain.
- Advanced Gynecologic Surgery, which allows surgeons to operate through tiny incisions, thus giving patients the benefits of minimally invasive surgery.
- Bladder and Pelvic Floor Health, offering comprehensive, efficient, state-of-the-art urogynecology services for a variety of pelvic floor disorders.
- Gynecologic Oncology - Gynecologic cancers include cancers of the uterus, ovaries, cervix, vulva, vagina, and fallopian tubes and placenta. While there may be signs or symptoms, often there are not. When facing a diagnosis of cancer, or the possibility, you want the best team of experts - individuals who will provide the information, comfort and support to help each step of the way.
- Menopause Services, including evaluation, nutrition and hormone and exercise therapy, support groups and individual counseling.
- Premenstrual Syndrome - Penn's Premenstrual Syndrome Program includes medical treatment, supportive counseling, nutrition education, support groups and ongoing evaluation.
- Reproductive Surgery, which focuses on the medical and surgical treatment of gynecologic problems. Penn offers minimally invasive surgery such as laparoscopic surgery, to treat conditions including endometriosis, uterine fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease, and more.