Security Photo ID Process
Step 6 of 7
Choose a location below to learn about how to obtain a security photo ID:
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP)
In accordance with our hospital policy on photo identification badges, we are requiring that all students obtain and wear a Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) issued Identification Card along with the school identification card. This is to ensure the clear identification of HUP personnel to patients, other members of the health care team and security.
The policy requires that all students and instructors wear a clearly visible HUP photo identification badge when on the property. The identification card should have the student's / instructor's name, credentials and department. Identification cards are worn above the waist and must be visible at all times.
To expedite the identification process the following information should be supplied to HUP Security Administration Renee Kolonsky, Security Administration at email@example.com and David Arcidiacono, HUP Security Services at firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to the start of the clinical rotation:
Name (LAST NAME FIRST) (Legal name only)
Start Date and End Date (expiration date)
Position (Student Nurse) and School
Please note the student will need to show their school issued identification card and one form of legal identification: e.g. Driver's license or Passport to obtain the card.
On the first clinical day the instructor and students can go to the Identification Card Center located on the ground floor of the Gates Building to obtain the identification card. However, students can come with proper ID anytime they have some free time during security office hours, they do not need to come as a group. The Identification Card Center is open Monday through Wednesdays, 8 am – 11 am and 1 pm – 3 pm and Fridays 8am – 11am. At the end of the clinical rotation the instructor is responsible for collecting and returning the identification cards to the Identification Card Center.
If you have any concerns or questions please contact Cynthia Richardson at Cynthia.email@example.com or 215 662-6514.
Pennsylvania Hospital photo ID is required for all Nursing Students and Clinical Instructors. The hours of operation for the Security Department Photo ID are as follows:
- Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7:30 am - 8:30 am
- Each weekday between the hours of 2 pm - 3 pm
Alternate arrangements may be made by contacting Barry Ogburn at 215-829-3007.
Two forms of photo ID must be provided by the Student/Instructor and verified by Securit prior to issuance of a PAH photo ID.
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center (PPMC)
- No student may obtain a photo ID until compliance documentation showing completed vaccination status is received from the nursing program. No student may have patient contact at PPMC without photo ID as proof of compliance. This is to ensure the safety of the students as well as that of our patients.
- When compliance documentation is received from the affiliated nursing program, it is faxed to the security ID office by the PPMC affiliations coordinator. The office will then release photo IDs to the students listed on the compliance documentation.
- The photo ID office is located in the ground floor hallway between the Cupp and Wright-Saunders buildings. It is open Monday through Friday between 0800 and 1200. For weekend or off-hour rotations, the instructor should call (215)-662-8027 to schedule a time to have the group's ID photos taken.