All Penn Medicine staff including student nurses must wear a visible ID badge while working in Penn hospitals or offices. Choose a location below to learn about how to obtain a security photo ID:
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP)
In accordance with our hospital policy on photo identification badges, we require that all students obtain and wear a Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) issued Identification Card along with the school identification card. This is to ensure the clear identification of HUP personnel to patients, other members of the health care team and security.
The policy requires that all students and instructors wear a clearly visible HUP photo identification badge when on the property. The identification card should have the student’s / instructor’s name, credentials and department. Identification cards are worn above the waist and must be visible at all times.
HUP Identification Card Center
On the first clinical day the instructor and students can go to the Identification Card Center located on the ground floor of the Gates Building to obtain the identification card. However, students can come with proper ID anytime they have some free time during security office hours, they do not need to come as a group.
Identification Card Center Hours:
Monday-Wednesday: 8:00 to 11:00 am
1:00 to 3:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 to 11:00 am
At the end of the clinical rotation the instructor is responsible for collecting and returning the identification cards to the Identification Card Center.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact Cynthia Richardson at Cynthia.email@example.com or 267-414-2836.
- Pennsylvania Hospital
Pennsylvania Hospital photo ID is required for all Nursing Students and Clinical Instructors. The hours of operation for the Security Department Photo ID are as follows:
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:30 to 8:30 am Monday-Friday: 2:00 and 3:00 pm
Alternate arrangements may be made by contacting Barry Ogburn at 267-236-2106.
Two forms of photo ID must be provided by the Student/Instructor and verified by security prior to issuance of a PAH photo ID.
- Penn Presbyterian Medical Center (PPMC)
- No student may obtain a photo ID until compliance documentation showing completed vaccination status is received from the nursing program. No student may have patient contact at PPMC without photo ID as proof of compliance. This is to ensure the safety of the students as well as that of our patients.
- When compliance documentation is received from the affiliated nursing program, it is faxed to the security ID office by the PPMC affiliations coordinator. The office will then release photo IDs to the students listed on the compliance documentation.
- The photo ID office is located in the ground floor hallway between the Cupp and Wright-Saunders buildings. It is open Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm. For weekend or off-hour rotations, the instructor should call 215-662-8027 to schedule a time to have the group's ID photos taken.
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm Weekends & Off-Hour Rotations: Call 215-662-8027 to schedule