Just one call to Penn Neuro-Emergency Transfer provides neuro-emergency care for transfer patients around the clock.
- Call Penn Neuro-Emergency Transfer for any neuro-emergency.
- Transfers are simple, straightforward and take only one phone call.
- The call is answered by PennSTAR, Penn's critical care flight program, and connected to the attending neurosurgeon or neurologist.
- Experienced coordinators facilitate immediate ground or air transportation to Penn Medicine, including bed assignment in the state-of-the-art NeuroICU.
Fast, Seamless Neurological and Neurosurgical Emergency Care
Penn Medicine's experienced multidisciplinary team of experts set the standard for care in the Philadelphia region. The latest innovative and investigational treatments for stroke, trauma, brain aneurysms, and critical neurological conditions are available to patients.
The Penn NeuroIntensive Care Unit at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is among the most technologically advanced neurocritical care units in the nation, and the only academic facility of its kind in the region.
Checklist for Neuro-Emergency Transfer
Call 877–937–PENN (7366) and provide the following information:
- Referring physician name
- All patient demographic information
- Date of birth
- Clinical reason for transfer
- Summary of clinical course
- Copy of patient chart
- Lab work
- Radiology reports and CD/DVD of films (CT, MRI, x-ray)
- PennSTAR flight requirements
- Patient height and weight
- Completed PennSTAR consent form and certificate of medical necessity
- EMTALA–compliant transfer form signed by patient or authorized family member