Long-term, Collaborative Relationships
Penn neurosurgeons work with health care professionals in the surrounding community and from around the world to establish long-term, collaborative relationships. Penn physicians are committed to being reliable and trustworthy resources for consultation, diagnosis, and providing the most advanced treatment options to meet the needs of patients with nervous system disorders. They strive to maintain open lines of communication with referring physicians and their patients to ensure that every patient's care is as seamless as possible.
Penn Medicine's vision is to provide excellent patient care today, and to perform the breakthrough research necessary to discover the treatments of tomorrow. In this spirit, Penn's clinical team is committed to all patients, no matter how "high-risk" their condition. They offer patients a wide range of diagnostic, medical and surgical treatment options available nowhere else in the region.
Penn Neurosurgery has recruited the best doctors, nurses, researchers and technicians. They are committed to providing referring physicians and their patients the highest level of quality care and service.
Penn Neurosurgery offers:
- One call for easy referral, consultation, transfer or admission
- An online referral option through our secure online form
- Rapid referral to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for stroke patients through the neuro-emergency transfer program
- Urgent transfer of seriously ill patients within a 150-mile radius of Philadelphia via mobile ICU vehicles, including PennSTAR Flight medical transportation
Educational opportunities through:
- Live seminars, symposia, case-based conferences, grand rounds and online courses for CME credit
- Clinical briefings
Penn is regularly recognized both nationally and internationally for its commitment to research and excellence in neurosurgery.